Australia is an island nation/continent and by rights that should make illegal immigration difficult. However that has not been the case. The first of the illegal immigrants began arriving in Australia during the 1970s. These were the Vietnamese refugees. They were followed by Chinese, and then came the Iranians, Iraqi, Pakistanis, Sri Lankans etc. Whilst the Vietnamese and the Chinese who were allowed to stay managed to integrate into the Australian way of life, the same cannot be said about this other Middle Eastern group.
Australia has reached crisis point with boats arriving in Australian waters almost every day. They are arriving by the thousands every month. During the Howard Government years we got this issue under control, but when KRUDD became Prime Minister he walked back what was in place and from 2007 onwards Australia has been inundated by some very unsavoury types.
These are not refugees because they are not fleeing from war torn countries with the exception of Afghanistan. There is no war in Iran or Pakistan and even in Sri Lanka there is not even a civil war, yet these Tamils keep getting on a boat and give a bullshit story to authorities who are all too willing to grant them a bridging visa. Most of them are thugs, criminals and the like. Very few of them are in any way affected by war. I note that they have one thing in common and that includes forcing the women to wear bags over their heads.
This morning I saw this report which has prompted me to write this post. I will not bother detailing the report but will take some points from it to emphasize what is totally wrong with the way in which this problem of illegal immigrants is being handled by the current Australian government.
1. the smuggling industry is worth up to $400 million (I assume that is per year).
2. Of the 71 illegal immigrants who had their visas revoked, 10 of them have been arrested and charged with criminal offences (including one who entered the apartment of a female university student and attempted to rape her – this happened at McQuarrie University in North Ryde. Eight of these illegal immigrants were found to be a threat to security by ASIO (what were they planning?). A further 12 absconded (meaning they continue to be a threat to our society).
3. The people smuggler debt collectors have turned up in Nauru pushing for payment of money owed to the smugglers. The price of being smuggled is $3,000 – $10,000 per individual and up to $20,000 per family. Do your own calculations for the 42,000 who have arrived in Australia since the ALP was elected to government. This figure is staggering enough.
4. More than 1,000 people have died at sea. Do not feel sorry for them because they often deliberately sink their own boats.
5. Worst of all is that the Australian government has been rewarding bad behaviour. It seems they are saying, if you riot we will grant you protection.
These people are thugs, criminals and unsavoury characters. They need to be removed from Australia and sent back to their country of origin.
I add here that perhaps the most genuine of the “refugees” are the ones who have actually applied for entry into Australia and have been denied entry. This has happened to some of the people in Indonesia (a group of women). It seems that the government will not grant them legal entry and that forces them to try other ways to enter into the country.
The Australian government has the power to stop this bullshit and they have the power to ensure that the people smugglers are not being rewarded for their enterprise. A starting point would be to have government officials interview the “immigrants” whilst they are staying in Indonesia, and whilst they still have their official papers, and from there they could agree to grant entry into Australia based upon the information that they have acquired…. if any of them are eligible. Personally, I would rather see the Australian government allowing the Christians among them entry into Australia… but a word of warning, and that is not all Christians from Middle Eastern countries are as pure as the driven snow. I refer of course to the Druse who support Assad as an example of people who would not make good Australian citizens.